Play/Stop musica

venerdì 18 gennaio 2008

Lazy day..

It’s 4:15pm and I have nothing to do: it’s raining cats and dog, I’m not working and I’m alone at home.. it’s the proper day to lie in bed all day long! =)
What can I do? Simply: I can try to write a blog’s post in English.. I suppose it’s not so simple but today I don’t have too many thing to report and I have many spare time. Moreover I think it’s a good way to improve a bit even my written English.. so, let’s try (I don’t want absolutely to hear any complaints about this choice).. anyway every suggestions about language or every signals about mistakes are well accepted.. =)

As I wrote before during these days we didn’t make particular things.. the only trip we had was on Wednesday at Botany Bay. This beach is near the airport (in fact we saw a lot of plane landing and taking off.. amazing!), it’s quite different from the other we visited because it’s a bay so that the water is warmer without strong flows.. I can say it’s an Italian Style beach.. =)
[Unfortunately I forgot (and not left as in the past) the camera at home so I have to use some Cristina’s pictures]

The trip from our home to Rockdale (it’s the beach district’s name) took about an hour (15 minsto get the train station, 15 mins to Rockdale station and 30 mins to get to the beach… there is a long street full of very nice little detached houses).

When we (me, Cristina and Nicholas) arrived to Rockdale we said hello to a Nicholas’s relative (he has a lof of relatives here because during the war a lot of them emigrated all over the world and above all in Australia): a very nice old Italian woman who is living there since 50 years. She has a beautiful house and she offered us a real espresso, some cake’s slices and chinotto! =)

I went back home at about 3 o’clock because I had to work from 6pm at Carpaccio, the restaurant in the far Italian district. I worked there Wednesday and Thursday and I’m going to work there even on Saturday evening. It’s a good place to work even if it’s far and the wage it’s not so high. The 7th of January (the day from which I’m going to work at Table for 20) I’ll ask if it’s possible and if it’s ok for them to work at lunch or on Monday, Tuesday and Sunday evening. If they don’t like my purpose, it doesn’t matter, I’ll leave them.. =)

Stop.. I’m getting tired of writing in English and I don’t have nothing more to tell you.. =)
No.. wait.. maybe it’s the right time to make some special nominations:

- Francesca Chierici because I have just received his very nice Christmas’s gift with a lovely letter and because I have to congratulate her on her recent master admission!

- Alessandro Alpi because he has just became a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=40332D29-BDE8-4757-99ED-2D57A11C9AE4) and because he had helped me very much with my blog’s layout! Congratulations!!! I wish you all the best for your brillant career!

- Nicholas Peruch because every day he bring us a lot of delicious left food from Table for 20.. for example today he offered us “tagliata” e “tiramisu”.. WOW! =)


I complete my post with a very funny photo Cristina (traitor!!!!) took me some morning ago.. please do not be too hard with your comments.. thank you! =)

10 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

very good idea to write the next post in English. You can do it again when you have the time. Congratulations for your English!!!! Kisses

Anonimo ha detto...

Noi rispondiamo in italiano ma abbiamo capito praticamente tutto WOW Abbiamo cercato sul vocabolario solo 3 o 4 termini =D Sei quindi autorizzato a continuare =) love

Anonimo ha detto...

PS : Remember...chi la fa, l'aspetti!

Anonimo ha detto...

ciao! or better hallo!i started a part time job! do you remember? the one i've told you before you leaved.. i started on wednesday. they are very kind and have started to explain me something about ship's world..i like it!kisses

Anonimo ha detto...

Hello Luca!!! So I' ll write in English me too... You got a really beautiful tan...I'm envious, because I'm pale…too pale in my opinion !!! Bye Bye Alberto

Anonimo ha detto...

...ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!?

ma parla come mangi...


speak as you eat

Anonimo ha detto...

Ti corrego la seconda frase come secondo me sta meglio:
"What can I do? Simply, I can try to write a blog’s post in English! I suppose it’s not so simple but I don’t have so many thing to report today and I have a lot of spare time." :-P

Anonimo ha detto...

finalmente posso porre fine ( per il momento) al mio silenzio stampa forzato!!!! evviva!!!! grazie grazie...sono estremamente onorata per i ringraziamenti personalizzati..(anche se è meglio dire her gift...se no qualcuno si potrebbe insospettire sulla mia vera identità...;) e thanks anche per le congratulations!!!! finalmente è arrivato il momento che aspettavo...nn vedo l'ora di mettermi al lavoro!
mi ha fatto un sacco piacere anche fare 2 chiacchere l'altra sera/ mattina a secondo dei punti di vista...
spero d riavere presto la tecnologia per continuare a seguire le avventure del piccolo italiano nel mondo "in diretta"...
un bacio

Anonimo ha detto...

Ufficiale...ho capito anchio tutto...Pesso inizia a studiare inglese...mi raccomando:non mollare lucaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Anonimo ha detto...

Ufficiale, nn ti basta parlarlo lì l'inglese?? dai nn globalizzarti x favore... poi pensa a ki:
1) come me, nn ha voglia di leggere in inglese;
2) come il Pesso, ha voglia di leggere in inglese ma nn ci capisce una forca!!!